SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|Fishing Type:||Game / Coarse Fishing|
|Weight (oz.):||See Description||Line Capacity (lbs-yds.):||See Description|
|Number of Ball Bearings:||7BB + 1RB (6BB + 1RB on Size 10)||Gear Ratio:||See Description|
|Colour:||Black / Red||Brand:|
|Features:||Quick Set Anti Reverse, Aluminium Handle, Aluminum Spool, Lightweight Spinning Reel|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- NOS Campagnolo Nuovo Record Chainring 52 Tooth 144 BCD Classic Italian Road 80s
- Rapha Cross Pro Team Jersey L
- Snow peak TW-021F TABLEWARE SET L FAMILY 4 Different Sizes of Dishes Japan.
- USATuff Cooler Decal Wrap fits YETI Tundra 50qt L+I Pirates Lighthouse
- Xiaomi Proease Outing Men Summer One Piece Weaving Light Casual Sport Short Slee
- Humminbird LakeMaster Aerial Satellite View - Louisiana Delta - High Resolution
- IDEAL EQUESTRIAN LUXURY LEATHER BROWN SINGLE REINS
- Mark Todd Liv Ladies Competition Base Layer - Petrol Navy FREE UK Shipping
- New with tags Women’s BURTON Mighty Pant Auburn Plaid Size Large
- POLITE THINK BIKE CYCLING MOTORBIKE HORSE RIDER EQUISAFETY HI VIS WAISTCOAT S
- Scotty Manual Scotty Downriggers Counter Cover. Shipping Included
- Smith Optics 2019 Women's Riot Ski Goggle - Opaline Odyssey Frame ChromaPop
- TENCH BREAM CHUB TROUT CARP DACE FRESHWATER FISHING ROD FRESHWATER FISHING REEL
- 1 Pair of Action Company 42919 Red Front Leg Horse Splints With Bill Made in USA
- 2.1M TELESCOPIC FISHING ROD & REEL,TRAVEL ROD SPINNING,FLOAT,LEDGER FISHING
- 20% Cinelli Vai Miche Ritchey Selle San Marco Selcof Straight SeatPosts
- Avid Brakes - Bb7 Rd Sl Gry Frrr Ispm140Cntl N A
- Cassette pinions pg-970 powerglide 9v 11-32 M00.0000.200.393 SRAM Cassette pigno
- Bern Lenox Eps Womens Helmet Ski - Satin White All Sizes
- Digirit Bike OverSize Derailleur 12 16T Pulley Wheel Kit for Shimano R9100 R8000
- Madison Zenith Men's saddle, Cro-mo rails
- NEW SRAM X-Sync 2 Eagle Direct Mount Chainring 38T 6mm Offset
- RACE FACE NARROW WIDE 34T 104 BCD GREEN 10 11 12S RNW104X34GRN
- Shimano 600 AX PD-6300 Aero Road Bike Pedals Vintage Bicycle Parts NOS
- Sram Apex Conjunto de Platos 46-36 Dientes, 172,5mm, Gxp , Oem Nuevo
- Ventiquattrore new street 15 litri BR107N BROOKS bicicletta
- 2 box VERMOX PLUS 4 tabletas Elimina Parásitos y Amibas Adulto Niños 10+ años
- C-LY-L LARGE HILASON HORSE FRONT LEG PredECTION ULTIMATE SPORTS BOOT blueE BUTTER
- Attwood Big Game Series Rod Holder - White Insert
- Cinelli Top 64 42cm width handlebar - NOS gorgeous with aero plugs 26.4 clamp
- E-Bike 24V 11.6Ah Batteria Bici Bicicletta Cityboard Giant Quipplan Easybike
- Fenix HP25R 1000 Lumens LED Headlamp with ARB-L18-2600 rechargeable 2600mAh batt
- Inforce INF-S-W-RGBW 200 Lumen LED Flashlight
- Men's Cycing Shorts Uniforms Full Zipper Bike Jerseys Pro Bicycle Shirt Suits
- O.P.S D-RING COBRA WARRIOR BELT IN CRYE MULTICAM TROPIC, SM, MD, LG, XLG
- Regatta Maui Single Rectangular Warm Two Season Sleeping Bag
- Specialized Riata Body Geometry Mountain Bike Cycling shoes w SPD Cleats 9.5 41
- Tahoe Gear Olympia 10-Person 3-Season Family Camping Tent
- VICTORINOX Klappmesser Käsemesser Messer Taschenmesser SV12
- Great 4PCS Tournament Style Stainless Clamp On Fishing Rod Holder 1-1 4 to 2
- Koowheel Wireless Remote Controller 2.4Ghz with Battery 2nd Gen Lightweight UK
- Momoi Hi-Catch Flugoldcarbon Leader-Clear-25 Yds, 80 Lb.
- Olang APRÈS SKI BOOTS MAN KIEV TEX black black model KIEV-81
- RIDERS CHOICE DENIM blueE AZTEC SADDLE PAD COLLAR GIRTH FREE SHIP MADE IN ALABAMA
- Shimano Bass Bait Rod Zodias 158L-2 From Stylish Anglers Japan Japan